Streaming Music with Tidal / Roon / NAD / Raspberry Pi / Diet Pi

I subscribe to Tidal (see also), a music streaming service with tens of thousands of albums streaming in CD-quality or higher. Recently, I have also set up a Roon core server on a laptop dedicated to acting as the hub of my in-home system.
Roon integrates my 3 Raspberry Pi's (see also) and my NAD amplifier with BluOS module into a seamless system and also integrates my own music library with Tidal. 

So, using the Android Roon app, I can play the same thing in one, two or three locations simultaneously or a different track in each. And if I search for something, it looks both on Tidal and in my library (NAS) and presents the results in an intuitive way ... Tidal items show the Tidal icon beside those from that source.

I'm running Roon Core on my Win10 laptop for which I will pay $US119/year. And I'm running DietPi as the OS on all of my 3 Pi's.
The Bluesound module in my NAD amplifier is so-called 'Roon-ready' so as soon as I had Roon core running and downloaded the Roon app to my tablet, I was able to play to my NAD. Like I say, the whole thing is seamless.
Roon + Raspberry Pi + HiFiBerry + DietPi is a killer system in my humble opinion.

P.S. Bluesound wireless digital audio, NAD electronics , and PSB speakers are Canadian products marketed worldwide by The Lenbrook Group of Companies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Music Fundamentals